Glamox Marine and Offshore GmbH was created from a time-honoured Bremen-based company, founded back in 1868 under the name Ahlemann & Schlatter. From 1872, the trading and crafts company specialised in production of ships' lanterns.
In 1875, public authorities tightened regulations for ship illumination and these new regulations inspired the entrepreneurs' pioneering spirit: Ahlemann & Schlatter was successful again and again in fulfilling the higher technical demands set. And used innovations to further develop lighting technology. For over one hundred years, Ahlemann & Schlatter's products accompanied ships through the entire world. This tradition was continued in 1986 when the company was transformed into aqua signal AG and was listed on the Bremen stock market.
In 1995, the Norwegian group Glamox AS acquired a majority shareholding. This was the moment when a new and strong alliance was created for illumination technology in the global market. Since 2002 Glamox AS has held a 100% shareholding in the leading Bremen company.
Today, Glamox Marine and Offshore GmbH is a world leading supplier of specialized illumination and lighting systems for maritime applications. In the future, Glamox Marine and Offshore GmbH will continue to improve illumination technology with new discoveries with a proven passion for perfection.