(BUILDING INFORMATION MODELING) is an intelligent 3D model based process that gives architecture, engineering, and construction professionals the tools to more efficiently plan, design, construct, and manage buildings and infrastructure.
A BIM model
is a virtual three-dimensional construction site. It can be a building, an infrastructure projects or other smaller or larger projects.
A BIM object
also referred to as a BIM family,is a kind of a building block. Using BIM objects as building blocks, simplifies the process of constructing a BIM model. Examples of BIM objects can be walls, windows or, as in our case, luminaires.
Some of the best BIM objects in the industry
Development of Glamox BIM objects
Glamox realized early on that the use of 3D construction software for planning and construction of buildings would become increasingly common. In order to meet the expected demand from our customers for 3D objects (see definition in frame), we started a project with the target of offering the best BIM objects in the lighting industry.
After careful assessment, we decided that the software Revit from AutoDesk was the best platform for our BIM files, and we developed our files in close collaboration with Symetri, the Scandinavian provider of the Revit software, to make them among the best in the market. Since 2012, we have offered free BIM files on our web page.
Glamox 3D-rendered model, compared with Glamox BIM
Glamox offers two BIM object types
Glamox BIM objects offers
• Accurate, but small 3D-models. 300 to 500 kb
• Product specific files, well suited for both planning, operations and maintenance
• Product specific light measurement (IES) embedded in the model
• Both Unhosted and Face based objects
• All Glamox BIM files are easy to find on our web page
• A wide range of technical information
• In-house design and construction, ensuring correct information to our customers at all time
• IFC-parameter in the technical information (for export to open BIM)
We offer BIM files for our complete web assortment!
Download from a product family page:
Download from an article page: